June 10, 2012

PROGRESS.


I've been creating - forcing it out in whatever awkward, lucid form that it takes. The process of releasing energy into tangible objects is foreign, and I paddle through the waters rather slowly. I'm pushing, pushing and trying not to critique. It's interesting how cliche everything I know feels, how everything is bogged by familiarity. It's all too familiar, but why push through into arenas that aren't mine? I'll create the things I know to be true, things that are mere extensions instead of fabrications influenced by reflection and expectation. Then there is no separation - there is not me and it. It's all the same, and therefore I free myself from affliction and judgement knowing I stay true to my mind, my soul, regardless of what it looks like vulnerable and exposed on two dimensional objects.

Most of these creations have ended up in the trash, but some have ended up in my inhabitants. I've taken my time decorating this apartment. I've collected things kind of randomly. I have enjoyed the process: the random clarity of influence that can only come on a summer's eve, a split second decision to adhere a random piece of cardboard to the wall, or a weekend hauled up in my apartment writing and painting and doodling and making a damn mess.   It's ironic to take such a long time completing a space that will be destroyed in a matter of months, but the impermanence of it all is inspiring. Let it out when it's there. Create to destroy.











Here's also a video of my apartment that I took in November.


No comments:

Post a Comment