September 29, 2011

MISS HANDSOME

All the kids call me Miss Handsome because they think they are cute. (And well, they are right.)

Now that we have established all the boring stuff (Yes, I’m from America. I’m 180 cm tall. No, I’m not 16. I’m 23.), all the girls want to know if I have a life partner.

“Teacher! Boyfriend?!”
“No, no boyfriend.”
“REALLY?! Handsome?!”
“No, I said I DON'T have a boyfriend.”
“TEACHER?! WHY?!”
“Because teacher does not have a boyfriend.”
“TEACHER?! HUSBAND?! IS HE CUTE?!”
“No, no husband either.”
“TEACHER?! TEACHER?! … WHYYYYYYYY?!"
"Because I don't."
"Teacher! What about in America? Boyfriend?!"
"... okay, lesson 6!"
"Teacher!! CUTE?! IS HE BIG?" (meaning, "is he tall?")

And then they prance around the room singing “here comes the bride…”

This happens about every third day, because YOU NEVER KNOW, I might find a random boy on the street and FORGET to update them on my relationship status. I don’t even know my blood type. There is no way I can get a Korean boyfriend.

(Your blood type in Korea determines your dating compatibility (similar to the horoscope). In fact, the second I changed my “location status” on facebook to South Korea, it immediately asked me my blood type.)

The newest question is,

“Teacher, why do you look like a man?”
“Because I have short hair.”
“Teacher! You’re so pretty! And man!”
“What?!”
“I don’t know. Teacher, do you have a baby?”
“A baby?! No, no baby.”
“Teacher! Belly! Baby!”
"Yeah, rice baby."
"Teacher?! Rice baby?! Teacher!"
"What?"
"Do you have a boyfriend?!"

WE GET A LOT DONE. I SWEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment