September 15, 2011

OKAY. OKAY. I'M HERE.

I have arrived.

And despite all my wishes, no, Sheila was not on my flight. However, I’ll trade her any day for an easy maneuver through customs, regularly sized toes and my luggage.

I actually don’t have any humiliatingly hilarious stories about my travel. I did not lose my sanity, curse at anyone, cry due to pure exhaustion, or get anywhere close to passing out. I arrived in the exact same state that I departed: calm and loved.

My seatmates from the US to South Korea were very welcoming. A Korean-American couple living in Chicago, they reminded me to work hard, stay positive, celebrate often and love myself. Once they discovered my birthday was a mere five days away, they also reminded me when my drink was empty and I realized very quickly that what I’ve heard about the huge drinking culture here might be true. They awoke me from my slumber right before the plane landed to convince me to buy a $50 bottle of whiskey (duty free) because “in the store, this $80” and more importantly, “to keep you calm and happy.”

Calm and Happy. Just tell me where to sign.

Lots of updates coming soon. Thanks for your patience and warm thoughts. Sending love from South Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment