December 19, 2011

KIMCHI BOKEOMBAP

There are probably 30 grocery stores/marts/street vendors in a mile radius of my apartment and one of my favorite Sunday afternoon activities is to wander aimlessly through my neighborhood, popping into each one. Most have the same things, but occasionally you'll find a real gem (like a crate full of cherry tomatoes for 5,000 KRW.) NOM NOM.

After purchasing a weeks supply of produce, I popped into the kimbap nara, or Korean diner, to get some kimchi bokeombap: fried rice with kimchi, seaweed, a few vegetables and a fried egg. I actually go out of my way to avoid rice because some days I think my body is craving perhaps another substance from the grain family, but avoiding rice in Korea is sort of like avoiding sand at the beach.

When in Rome.



What's funny about this picture is that when I first looked at it, something seemed a bit off. And then I realized it was because I apparently ate it with a FORK. SIDE NOTE: When I first came to Korea I was falsely under the impression that eating with chopsticks would be nice because I'd eat slower. Fast forward four months and I've just learned how to shovel faster. Forks. Chopsticks. Whatever. That stuff is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment