December 13, 2011

SEOUL. PART TWO.

AND the real kicker of the weekend for me was... we saw a rockabilly show! It saved my SOUL (SEOUL). ha.. ha.. hahaha.

WOW.

This girl rocked it.






Sunday morning Katie and I woke up early and put on our comfiest clothes to head to Myeongdong, a rather touristy area of Seoul that has tons of shopping. This area is special because you can find Western sizes and most of the stores let you try things on. Although I am sucked in to the cute little boutiques on a weekly basis in Gwangju, the store keepers rarely let me anywhere close to the dressing room. ("You. too large." RUDE.) In my experience, it is not uncommon to come across stores where everything is simply one size. It might seem absolutely crazy, but most Korean females actually are the same size: TINY. So, I guess it makes sense not to waste inventory space on sizes for the rare foreigner who might be taller that 5 foot 5.



In the afternoon we headed to another are of Seoul called Itaewon. Because of it's adjacency to the military base, you can find foreigners of all kinds. If you somehow shielded your eyes from all the Korean signs, it actually feels like you are in downtown Chicago. There are people from everywhere. And where there are foreigners, there is foreign FOOD and better yet, foreign SUPERMARKETS. After scrounging around and practicing extreme self control, I lucked out with some cumin, natural peanut butter and a few packets of panang curry.

To end an amazing weekend, Katie and I feasted on some Greek Food.


GYROS!




Here's a video from the show. It was taken with my smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment