May 2, 2012

TULIP FESTIVAL

Chelin calls me at ten pm on Friday night:

Chelin: So, let's be honest here...
Me: Girl, I have already thought about this.
Chelin: This trip is really only about the pictures, right?
Me: UM, YES.
Chelin: So, what do we wear?
Ryan in the background: Are you guys serious?

Chelin and I arranged to meet at the bus terminal at 7:30, took a 90 minute bus to Jeomam and hoped on a short ferry to Imja Island. Not long after paying our $4 entrance fee, a Korean man shuffled us to a booth where we were given a "service" kite.

I get a lot of "service" out here. Free side dishes. Discounts in taxis. Cookies. Coffees. Add a new one to the list - children's toys.

From there we took our grand tour of the tulip festival. I give you the wonderfulness that is Korea in Spring, cutesy Korean style.

No comments:

Post a Comment