October 6, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO?

Grocery shopping in Korea is a bit of an ordeal because, as it turns out, most everything is in Korean. For this reason I have been eating a lot of raw food. A carrot is a carrot. A banana is a banana. SIMPLE. Almost every time I go to the store though, I look at all the products, hoping for a picture or English phrase that might provide a gateway into what it might actually BE. And let me tell you, there are some products on this continent that I am not qualified to identify by sight alone. I need words. Is there an ap for that?

If I'm shopping at the smallish mart in my neighborhood, it's all Korean, all the way. Except today I noticed that the bread I buy boasts in English:

"SF (Stress Free)."

... Oh, thank heavens because I do NOT want to be eating bread that is on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

The real question is, did you play it soothing music when it cut it right through it’s core into nice little slices?! CRUEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment