October 30, 2011

TASTE BUD EXPLOSION

There are literally not words for the awesomeness that happened in my mouth Friday night. My friend Katie spent all of the afternoon preparing a vegetarian feast that was delicious, scrumptious, salivating.

It is a luxury to eat food like this. It's not that the ingredients are not available, but it can take multiple hours store-hoping to find all that is necessary. Then there is the price tag to consider AND the preparation. The four of us girls sat around the table and did not quit saying "OH. MY. GOSH." for an hour straight. With every bite, I closed my eyes and took in the tastes, the flavor. It was out of this world - ALL OF IT. I haven't eaten pesto or avocado in over two months, and there was not a bite I did not find ravishing.



PHOTO: Katie McAlery

pesto, guacamole, sweet potato peanut soup, raw carrots, raw cucumbers, baguettes, balsamic, red wine, 4 ladies

Just to top it all off, Saturday morning we headed to the Gwangju International Center's Community Day which featured food from roughly 15 countries. Below is a picture from the Thailand booth. NOM NOM NOM.


PHOTO: Gillian Farber




PHOTO: Gillian Farber


In addition to eating mass amounts of food, Halloween was also celebrated this weekend. Friday we had a party at school for the kids. I have been taking pictures with my cell phone, and the quality indoors is significantly average. Forgive me for posting pictures that are dreadfully out of focus. It was my "job" to pose for a picture with every child so I spent a lot of the party sitting down channeling my inner mall Santa as children approached me, some hesitant and some ecstatic, to be sitting so close and staring down the barrel of the camera. Hopefully I can get a hand on those photos too.





Saturday night I went downtown. I really could not be bothered to come up with a costume, so I was a shot in the dark. I wore all black and a shot glass around my neck. However, there are some extremely crafty people in this city.

Below is one of my favorite costumes of the evening, Kim Jong-il, the dictator of North Korea. HILARIOUS.




PHOTO: Gillian Farber

No comments:

Post a Comment