November 28, 2012

350 DAYS

That's not a rough estimate; that's an exact number.

I waited 350 days for Utah. I had a plan 350 days prior and I stuck to it. That alone needs documented.

Do you know how pretty Moab is? Man, it's pretty. The colors are barely justified in photos.

The reds. The grayish-blueish-greenish sparkling blanket of bush found in the canyons. The occasional Grannysmith-green tree standing strong amongst the bunch. The mountains tipped with snow.

Moab was lovely. Sleep came easy and the adventures never really stopped.

On the second night I nestled my cold face too far down into my mummy bag and for a brief moment, was confused about where I was. Once I found the air and became fully coherent, I remembered I was sleeping outside. I listened for the tranquil sound of crickets and... nothing.

I haven't been out west in years and whoa - the stillness of the night. I'd travel back just for that.

 



1 comment:

  1. This nearly made me cry with want-to-go-back tantrum type tears. Those pictures are stunning. I'm so glad you experienced that magical place, and I'm even more glad (selfishly) that it was with US. :) LOVE.

    ReplyDelete