November 29, 2012

PACKING: MARA STYLE

Stare pensively into the closet.
Pull out my favorite pair of socks.
Consider the destination at hand.
Take an item off the hanger and fold it onto the bed.
Continue steps 1-4 for 15 minutes.
Look at the massive pile.
Feel regret.
Think, "Man, everything I own is black."
Throw a turquoise scarf atop the clutter. That looks nice.
Add some sweatpants to the pile.
Panic.
Walk downstairs and eat some goat cheese.
Come back and pull one pair of jeans from the equation.
Panic.
Square off a two foot by two foot area on the bed for sitting.
Write a blog.
Leave the house. Packing is nonsense.
Return and throw everything in sight into the bag.
Wear six items for the entire trip.

I always get it in my brain that I'm going to dress differently when I'm on a trip; that I'm going to arrive in a new location and want to invent myself into the kind of individual who likes to wear pretty dresses and hats.

It's official.

THINGS I AM PERPETUALLY BAD AT:
PACKING IN WINTER.



No comments:

Post a Comment