November 12, 2012

REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD

It's been a week. I'd say my return to America has been anticlimactic for the shear fact that it's lacked in chaos and strife.

I'm in my hometown. At the first sight of downtown I pounded my fist on the steering wheel, near tears. The comfort in familiarity. The outline of the city is the same, but I quickly noticed the new apartment buildings, bike lanes and restaurants. This is my city. My family  lives here. My friends live here. I am home.

Everything's going as planned because there's no plan at all.

Right now there's a lot of questions: Where have you been? Where are you going?

I already miss Korea something awful, but the past and the future are equivalent.

I'm focused on this single truth:

YOU CAN'T LOSE WHAT YOU DON'T CLING TO. (BUDDHA)

HOME CAT (POGUE) ON MY HOME BED CIRCA 2010

HOME CITY

No comments:

Post a Comment