October 4, 2012

30 DAYS- THINGS

So it begins and so it will end... all in the same fashion.

Random nonsense. Random brilliance. Random randomness.

Cheers to that.

I have thirty days left so I'm going to be sentimental because for one, this is among the things at which I am excellent, and for two, this is my blog and I'm allowed.



These are all my things - my comforts, my slowly crafted choices from America. As I dug up my first snapshot on Korean soil, I pondered what I've discovered about things these past 14 months.

Things are dispensable. Some of the world was born with this information; perhaps it was innate to their being.

I hoard. I attach sentiment. I like my shirts and my trinkets.

Something snapped. Maybe it started at the airport. I had to ask my dad for $270 to fund the 15 extra pounds of things I stuffed into my suitcase.

This year I lost and forgot about valuable scavenged scarves and adorable knit shorts. I threw broken sandals out of cab windows. I lost earrings and my favorite v-neck and I'm still alive.

So here's to things - special things, silly things, yummy things and useful things.
Here's to losing things and gifting things away.
Here's to trusting that things will replenish with proper time and intention.




No comments:

Post a Comment